Probate ServicesProbate, Estate Distribution and Administration
Click here for the Seven Steps to Handling a Probate in Illinois!
There are many duties that an executor of an estate may have to fulfill. We understand that every situation is unique but here is a helpful list to get started.
- Get a copy of the will and file it with the local circuit court clerk
- Notify banks and credit card companies of the decedent’s death
- Set up a bank account in the name of the estate for any incoming bills
- Finding and contacting the people named in the will
- Finding the deceased person’s assets
- Continuing necessary payments
- Paying final income taxes
- Pay off debts and creditors
- Property distribution
- Represent the estate in court
If this list seems daunting and you do not want to tackle this difficult situation alone, contact us today to set up an appointment. We pride ourselves on our service.
Check out my blog for commonly asked questions.
Services to our Clients
- Conduct a thorough assessment of your situation and advise you on your best course of action
- Conduct a comprehensive review of any documentation and explain it so it is easy to understand
- Help you devise a step by step plan regarding the things you need to do to properly settle the estate
- Help you identify all those who need to be notified
Contact Us Today
The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.