The Home Sale Process for Sellers
A step-by-step guide of the home selling process
The home selling process is unknown by many but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Below, is a guide that follows the typical home selling process.
GUIDE: Underline = Attorney’s responsibility Bold = Seller’s responsibility
- You sign the real estate contract, accepting offer and send to us ASAP
- We get in touch with the buyer’s attorney and mortgage lender
- Inspection of property and modification phase
- We receive inspection report and buyer’s attorneys’ letter proposing repairs and changes they would like made before purchasing the property
- With our help and guidance, you decide how to respond to their requests
- We document the revised agreement and send it to their attorney
- Buyer agrees to revised agreement
- You schedule and complete all agreed repairs
- Loan Approval Phase
- We order title and address title issues that turn up
- We wait for the Buyer’s lender to issue loan approval
- We wait for Buyer’s lender to mark the file “Clear to Close” (This is usually the biggest hold up in the transaction)
- We schedule closing time and place with buyer and lender
- Pre-Closing Phase
- We prepare Deed, Affidavit of Title, Transfer Tax documents, Bill of Sale, 1099 documents, ALTA statement, FIRPTA documents, Power of Attorney and other closing documents necessary to sell your home
- If you don’t want to attend the closing personally, you can schedule a meeting with us to sign documents before the scheduled closing
- We attend the closing and finalize the transaction
- Home is Sold
Contact us today to sell your home!
The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.